Have you ever wanted to delete a phone number from Messenger, but didn’t know how? In this article, we will show you how to delete a phone number from Messenger.
We will also provide some tips on how to make sure that your phone number is deleted from Messenger.
- Go to your Facebook Messenger App (or online at www.facebook.com/messenger) and click on the Menu button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu, and click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy Controls.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Manage Phone Numbers and Addresses.
- In the Add Phone Number or Address box, enter your phone number in the “Type” field.
- Click on Continue to confirm that you want to add this number to Messenger.
- If you want to remove the number, click on Delete Phone Number or Address and confirm.
You can also remove a phone number or address from Messenger by going to your Facebook account and clicking on the Privacy Shortcuts link in the left column. Facebook takes privacy very seriously.
Why can’t I remove a contact from Messenger?
If you’re wondering why you can’t remove a contact from Messenger, there’s a good reason for that. Facebook Messenger is designed to keep all of your messages and contacts in one place. That way, you always have access to your conversations, even if you switch devices or lose your phone.
If you no longer want to talk to someone, you can either block them or delete their conversation. Blocking someone will prevent them from contacting you on Messenger while deleting a conversation will remove all of the messages between you and that person.
Is Messenger linked to a phone number?
Messenger, an app created by Facebook, is supposed to be a way for users to communicate with friends and family.
However, some people are concerned that the app is linked to their phone number. When users sign up for Messenger, they are prompted to enter their phone number.
The phone number is then used to create a profile for the user. Some people are concerned that Facebook can use this information to track them and sell their information to other companies.
Facebook has denied that Messenger is linked to phone numbers in any way. The company says that it only uses phone numbers for verification purposes.
However, users have still expressed concerns about the app. Many people feel that Facebook doesn’t adequately protect user data and that the company should be more transparent about how it uses information.
How do I change my phone number in Messenger?
If you’ve decided to change your phone number, it’s easy to do. Here’s how:
- First, open Messenger and click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the main screen. Then select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Phone Number.”
- Enter your new phone number and click on “Verify.”
- Messenger will send a six-digit verification code to your new phone number. Enter the code into the field provided and click on “Verify.